The Mary Graydon Center (MGC) is at the heart of AU campus facing shady Friedheim Quad. You will find the Terrace cafeteria, campus bookstore, coffee bar and gourmet burger stand, ballroom and informal meeting spaces here as well. Vegan, GF, Kosher and international foods are proudly featured in all campus eating establishments.
Summer 2018 Dining Prices and Times
$8.80 I Breakfast 7:00am to 8:30am
$12.95 I Lunch 12:00pm to 1:00pm
$14.65 I Dinner 5:00pm to 6:30pm
*Meal prices are expected to increase no more than 5% each year
Pre-paid Summer Guest Cards / Keycard ID (AU Conference property) will be swiped at the Terrace for pre-paid meals. You can add “Eagle Bucks” to your unique Guest Card/keycard ID for use at other popular businesses, laundry, vending machines, copiers and more on campus. Cashless “Eagle Bucks” are loaded to your Guest Card/ID at “Value Stations” located in Mary Graydon Center and in the residence halls. A comprehensive list of participating restaurants and vendors will be supplied in the registration packet.
Starbucks, POD Market, ARgoTEA on campus have extended summer hours. PuffGo delivery services for food, beer, wine, etc.
Restaurants & Bars close to campus / Tenleytown area
- Chef Geoff’s - excellent local bar and restaurant (lunch and dinner - late-night service) - 3201 New Mexico Ave., 2 min walk from East Campus
Massachusetts Ave. / Spring Valley (Red shuttle access or walk)
- Millie’s -, authentic Nantucket seafood and bar / Ice Cream stand
- Wagshall’s Massachusetts Ave/Spring Valley- local deli and wine shop, carry-out or eat-in
Tenleytown Metro / Wisc. Ave (Red or Blue Shuttle or walk)
- Guapo’s -.- lively Tex-Mex
- Masala Art - Classic Indian with tawa and tandoori specialties
Cathedral Heights (Walk, bike or drive - 8-10 mins
- 2 Amy’s - award-winning Neapolitan pizza in n’hood setting
- Cactus Cantina - hand-made tortillas and margaritas daily
- Café Deluxe